Tuesday 25 July 2017

Low tide at Folkestone.






I had to go to Folkestone today.

It was low tide and through one of the arches of the railway viaduct I could see a bait digger at work.


Ecologically powered street lamp in Folkestone.
Up in the town I came across the bizarre construction below. It appeared to be an enormous boulder moulded in glass fibre or some such material. I have it on unreliable authority that it is an artistic installation in which the lichen growing in the container will produce flammable gas which will be led off via the pipe to fuel the adjacent street lamp. 

Most illuminating. 

I wonder if it will work.

ADDENDUM
My 'unreliable authority' now informs me that the lichen is somehow producing electricity, not gas and it is this which is being used to light the lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment