Monday 17 April 2017

Update on old fashioned arithmetic for Southern Railways

See my post of 14 April.
Just for a laugh I decided to claim compensation as recommended to us passengers by the driver of the train who announced, just before dumping us all at Croydon East, short of our destination, that, 'this service is now running more than forty minutes late'.

To remind you of the incident: the train from Gatwick Airport to Victoria was ten minutes late arriving at Gatwick, 30 minutes late departing and stopped short of the destination. I missed my connection at St. Pancras and had to wait for the next train, one hour later.

Southern Railways use a different arithmetical model. Their response:

Having checked our records for the details of the delay you provided to us, our systems show that delay was 1 minute, which is below the minimum threshold for which you are entitled to Delay Repay compensation.

So that is all right then, isn't it? I know I cannot argue because I never managed to pass my 'O' level maths exam in 1965.

No comments:

Post a Comment