And this is the former St. Katherine's Church, the first church on the island. It does not look very English, does it? It was built in 1745, lay derelict for a while in the 1980s and has now found a new lease of life as a heritage centre. The population of the island when the black and white photographs of the creek below were taken was about 300. Now it is over 40,000.